KA107 Erasmus+ Research Mobility between Department of Architecture at the University of Strathclyde Glasgow, UK and the Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade. Serbia. Funded through Erasmus+, European Commission.
- Visit Research Expertise / Thematic Outlines Page
- Visit Research on Contemporary Architecture and Urbanism in the Middle East
- Download Booklet of the Cluster for Research in Architecture and Urbanism of Cities in the Global South
BC-SDBE: Building Capacity: Sustainable Development of the Built Environment. In collaboration with University of East London (UEL). Funded by British Council Newton Fund Institutional Links. Visit project website.
2014: Funded Publication Authorship
Commissioned to develop a chapter and visual material for the Catalog of the Pavilion of the Kingdom of Bahrain at the Venice Architecture Biennale --2014. Chapter title: A century of architecture in the Arabian Peninsula: evolving Isms and multiple architectural identities in a growing region Citation: Salama, A. M. (2014). A century of architecture in the Arabian Peninsula: evolving Isms and multiple architectural identities in a growing region. In G. George Arbid (Ed.), Architecture from the Arab world (1914-2014): A Selection. (pp. 137-143). Manama, Bahrain.
2012-2013: Co- Investigator:
See output: The Status of Architectural, Environmental Design, and Planning Education in Egypt
Commissioned to conduct on site assessment and develop technical reviews of projects shortlisted for the Aga Khan Award in Architecture, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 200 Housing Units, Wilad Djallal, Biskra, Algeria
- 400 Housing Units, El Oued, Biskra, Algeria
- Mosque and Islamic Cultural Center of Rome, Italy
1997-1999: Project Leader:
- Eco-Tourism and the Egyptian Context